Gamers Sanctuary and Fresh Coast 40k present the Great Lakes Team Challenge - an Adepticon team tournament style event! Didn't have the cash or time to attend the signature event in Chicago this year? Hit GS for a fun day of team games on May 19th!
A quick intro to the team tournament idea:
For the past nine years, the Warhammer 40K Team Tournament has been the flagship event at AdeptiCon. Originally conceived as an alternative event to the standard Grand Tournaments of old, the team event was designed to be an all-inclusive, hobby competition that created a purposely different way to play the game with your friends. Over the years, the event has grown by leaps and bounds as teams continually raise the bar in terms of thematic approach, generalship, modeling expertise and team spirit – creating a unique and memorable experience for all.
In the Team Tournament, four players combine forces to compete against opposing teams in a day full of gaming and comradery. While all tournaments are competitive by nature, the Team Tournament encompasses much more than the tournament games played throughout the day. In many cases the day of the tournament is a culmination of months of planning, writing, building, converting and painting. The tournament format challenges and rewards generals, tacticians, hobbyists, fluff-bunnies and casual gamers alike. Additionally, the format enables players to visually realize the immense theme and flavor of the Warhammer 40,000 universe on the tabletop.
This year the thematic elements of the event have been refined in order to encourage more collaborative Team construction. While previous tournaments have strongly favored single codex teams, the current rules have been adapted to encourage Teams to explore the background stories and allegiances that are present in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Examples might include; a mixture of Imperial Guard, Salamanders and Black Templar from the Armageddon Campaign, or perhaps a mixture of Chaos Marines, Chaos Daemons and Renegades as presented in the Sabbat Worlds Crusade. It is our hope that this event transcends the fixed boundaries of the convention weekend. That you and your team are able to plan, prepare, and construct something unique and exciting in your quest for glory.
Things to know:
1) This is a four man team tournament with eight teams. Each player brings 1000 points and plays three games, each with a different partner from their team. Six team slots are available at this time.
2) We will be using the event rules from Adepticon and the scenarios from the Adepticon primer PDF. Painting is NOT a requirement but is highly encouraged. Force org requirements as given in the Adepticon rules will be in effect. Awards will be given but not as many as the Adepticon list :)
3) Pre-registration is encouraged, as the team slots will fill up quickly. Secure your spot by emailing MUGGINNS AT GMAIL DOT COM with a four man roster and he'll send you the Paypal information or phone number to pay the $40 team fee. Teams cannot secure spots without pre-registration. Can also be paid in person at GS.
4) No refunds can be issued at all for team fees.
5) There will be three games. You play with one team member each game.
6) Team themes are HIGHLY encouraged. Fresh Coast 40k will be awarding a prize to the best team theme and execution.
7) Pizza will be provided by Fresh Coast 40k.
8) The schedule of the times that day is not officially set yet.
9) Let's have fun.
Rules for the event!
Imperial Armour information!
We look forward to seeing you there!