Monday, December 4, 2017

The Road to AdeptiCon - Age of Sigmar Ironjawz

Our team will actually be the opposite of this - my Ironjawz will be helping out Pat's ghosty undead
AdeptiCon is just around the corner again and of course, I've planned a lot of work for myself. I've been really happy to try new stuff each year at AdeptiCon the last few years so I went even further this year - trying all new events.

One of the bigger projects I have to finish by then is my Team Tournament list for Age of Sigmar. I've chosen to bring my Ironjawz while my buddy Pat is bringing his Death alliance list. I really like the look of Ironjawz models, especially the brutes.


The team consists of two players with 1,000 points each. I've chosen to go with a low model count list, just bringing brutes and gore gruntas.


I've played around a lot with different unit combinations, but to be honest there aren't a whole lot of things to do with 1,000 points when your main units cost 180. It has been suggested to use more gore gruntas, but holy cow they are expensive. Even getting a Start Collecting! box is $85 - and granted, you get a ton of stuff in it - but I don't really need the other stuff so much. So I'm passing on more gore gruntas for now.

The general idea is the army advances upfield with the megaboss to help the brutes hit better. I am guessing Pat's army will be pretty slow as well so I'm not so concerned about it. The gore gruntas are there to grab objectives if I need it.

I don't know how competitive it will be - mostly I just aim to have a good time and take down huge stuff with brute dudes =)




This is my megaboss, Garzagh. I've had him painted for a while. I'm using the Stoneskulls paint scheme from the how to paint book with a few variations. I added some pieces on so that hey's not the same as everyone else's megaboss and I gave him a Stormcast to stand on.





If I end up not liking my list so much, I may sub in these guys. Ironskull's Boyz are from Shadespire and cost 80 points in AoS, so they fill gaps, so to speak. They're not super special but do provide extra wounds and bodies.

I ended up doing some conversions with these guys, too. They're basic Black Orcs so I gave them bigger weapons - chopping off the axe or sword heads and putting on Brute variants. Gurzag got a claw and a big axe. I think they turned out pretty great!



These are bad photos, but I've finished the first ten brutes. Five each in a 'squad' with a boss with a claw and bopper. I actually didn't do a ton of customizing on these guys, they're mostly built straight from the box and glued down on plain bases. I did end up putting some basing kit pieces on from the Age of Sigmar Shattered Dominion basing kit set.

I am trying to go for a sandy desert feel with all my guys - something that Pat was happy to base his guys for as well.

With these ten dudes finished I now have to finish ten more brutes and three gore gruntas and I'll be ready to go for the Team Tournament.

Here's my checklist:

  1. Shadespire warband for Thursday [X]
  2. Age of Sigmar 1,000 point Vanguard for Friday [  ]
  3. Warhammer 40k 450 point Combat Patrol for Saturday [  ]
  4. Warhammer 40k 100 PL army for Saturday evening friendly game [  ]
Check back later to see my progression - thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment