Friday, April 12, 2013

Dreaming of the Time When He Will Take to Wing and Spread Death Like a God


I've been head-down in painting the last few weeks prepping for Adepticon. I played against Stokes' double-archangel list a few weeks ago at the Gamers Sanctuary hardcore tourney and decided I had to have the model.



I plan to use him with Absylonia in the Adepticon Iron Arena. The model itself is beautiful but a huge pain to put together... a TON of flash and a TON of gaps. Lots of green stuff was used to fill in the gaps. Sorry for the blurry photos. It has not been sunny at all lately in Michigan.


The dude is HUGE. I magnetized his wings so they could be pulled off and then purchased the Battlefoam case for him so he can travel.


I purchased some fireballs from Armorcast to enhance the model and make him stand out from other people's archangels. He's shooting a fireball out of his mouth and he has his draconic aura on the ground.

I really like how the wings turned out. On the underneath side I used Secret Weapon Cotton Candy pink wash to make the wings look really great and then did the P3 Magenta color on top to make them look different.


The scales on back really look sweet up close in person. I also took his tail and bent it around so it would contact the tail in a few spots so I could glue it to itself, basically. I didn't want it constantly falling off. Plus it looks cool and like he's ready to lash out.


This is the Tier 4 50 point list I plan on trying out:


Faction: Absylonia - Winds of Change
Casters: 1/1
Points: 50/50
Tiers: 4
Absylonia, Terror of Everblight (*5pts)
* Naga Nightlurker (5pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Angelius (8pts)
* Archangel (20pts)
* Carnivean (10pts)
Blighted Nyss Shepherd (1pts)
Blighted Nyss Shepherd (1pts)
The Forsaken (2pts)
The Forsaken (2pts)

We're all looking forward to Adepticon... watch the blog for photos next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment