Friday, August 17, 2012

The Legion Marches to Summer Rampage: eLylyth


In preparation for Summer Rampage on Saturday at Gamers Sanctuary I painted up Epic Lylyth and a Strider unit + UA + Strider Deathstalker. I wanted to try eLylyth because she seems to have a LOT of awesome stuff going for her so I decided she'll be one of the lists I use tomorrow.



Lylyth is much different from any warcaster / warlock I've used so far... she is super shooty and very much a ranged offensive warlock who wants to get your army up and in her control zone so she can damage the enemy. She has Shadow Pack, which gives her battlegroup stealth in her control zone (10 inches) for 3 fury... pretty awesome. Allows you to move up some of your beasts with less worry of taking ranged damage.

I really like her spell Pin Cushion. This allows your army to gain a ghetto boost against a unit / model with ranged attacks. She has a special ability that allows her spells to gain +5 range if she's the origin of the spell. Pretty awesome!

Her feat seems devastating... basically each model who can shoot gets another shot ignoring ROF and gains Snipe. Sweet! I don't know if you heard but Legion has a LOT of shooting from beasts and units. This is the reason I painted up the Striders... lots of synergy! Snipe shots from Rat 6 Striders, Rat 7 UA, and Rat 8 Deathstalker with CRA... sweet stuff. Not to mention Lylyth gets it as well, and she has snap shot... lots of dead models.




The Striders themselves are nice models... not super disproportionate like some of the Nyss models. They seem to match eLylyth really well so they'll be a nice addition. I don't know if I can use all of them during Summer Rampage since there are restrictions on unit points as opposed to beast points, but I'll try. They took me about a week to paint. Six models + two UA + deathstalker and eLylyth.




The UA grants them Reform (free 3" move) and Hunter (ignores forests, concealment, and cover when determining LOS or making a ranged attack) so we get more eyeless sight shenanigans. They also gain In Step... so they have an 11" command and they can string out on a flank. The idea then is to make sure to move them back in for her feat turn. Defense 15 plus you're shooting a ton of dudes hopefully means they won't get meleed to death then.




The last model is the Deathstalker. This model gives the Striders Swift Hunter while they're in her command range. She also has Snap Fire so she can kill another model after she kills one.

This is just a quick list I wrote up with a ton of shooting for Lylyth to boost:


System: Hordes
Faction: epic Lylyth - Ravens of War
Casters: 1/1
Points: 35/35
Tiers: 1
Lylyth, Shadow of Everblight (*5pts)
* Naga Nightlurker (5pts)
* Nephilim Bolt Thrower (6pts)
* Ravagore (10pts)
* Seraph (8pts)
Blighted Nyss Striders (Leader and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
* Blighted Nyss Striders Officer & Musician (3pts)
Strider Deathstalker (2pts)

I could also use Raptors with her which I love... awesome vs Hordes with poisoned attacks. I'll try out a 50 pointer for sure with her to make sure I understand how she plays!

No comments:

Post a Comment