Friday, July 13, 2018

Event Report: Age of Sigmar Random Team Tournament at Warhammer Store Ann Arbor


Last weekend I played in an event at Warhammer - Ann Arbor and had a great time! We played an Age of Sigmar tournament that paired up random people each round to fight against another team.

This was one of the first events I've played in Age of Sigmar and definitely the first Age of Sigmar 2.0 event I've played. I played one actual game of 2.0 before this, but this was a pretty quick intro to the new rules!


The format called for each player to bring 1,000 points. You could choose your own realm for artefacts and one spell. I chose to be from Ghur and bring the Gryphon Feather, which gives one of my guys -1 to be hit from melee and ranged attacks and grants him 1" of movement.

I also brought along two endless spells - Chronomantic Cogs and Quicksilver Swords. I wanted the swords to do some sort of ranged damage and I was glad I brought them, because there were plenty of Chaos guys to kill with them.  The Cogs were nice but also benefited my opponents a TON.


You can see my entire force here. I actually went pretty character heavy, bringing four heroes in 1,000 points. I wanted to do fully painted and didn't finish another squad of dudes in time. If I had to drop one, it might have been the weirdknob - he's just kinda weak. The Megaboss is nice for his Waaaghh!!!.

The list:

LEADERS
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Megaboss (140) - General - Command Trait : Ironclad - Artefact : Gryph-feather Charm
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80) - Allies 

UNITS 
5 x Orruk Brutes (180) - 1 x Gore Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (180) - 1 x Gore Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140) 

ENDLESS SPELLS 
Chronomantic Cogs (60)
Quicksilver Swords (20)


In my first game I played with a Freeguild army against Skaven and Nighthaunts. The Nighthaunt rules are pretty bonkers - lots of re-rolls and 4+ saves that aren't reduced by rend. Tons of mortal wound output.

This mission had us holding our own objective and trying to take theirs. The Freeguilders held our objectively easily while I moved forward to try to take theirs. I crashed against the Nighthaunts and all the re-rolls and mortal wounds just hammered me. I did end up destroying most of the line infantry, but not a lot of the heroes. In the end the shooting from my partner was the deciding factor as we won on kill points.

It was a fun game - my partner and one of my opponents were pretty chill.


In game two I was paired up with the Skaven person from round one against my previous Freeguild partner and a player with Khorne Bloodbound. It was an interesting match-up; my Skaven partner had a shooting list against the Freeguild shooting list. The Bloodbound were definitely intent on charging forward like I was.

The Khorne player killed a lot of my guys pretty quickly in Round One, but eventually we managed to kill plenty of his. He then summoned a Bloodthirster...

We lost this one on a Major Loss, I believe.


My final game was with Nighthaunts vs Nighthaunts and Chaos Warriors. It was a fun game, really chill and relaxed. The Nighthaunt guys pushed into each other and a slapfight started while the Chaos guy and I fought each other. I believe we tied on objectives and they won on kill points.

Lady Olynder was on both sides of this one and I have to say she's a destroyer. Lots of mortal wound output and a great model. Expect to see her all the time!



A couple other photos - that Nagash actually died to the grot army, which was hilarious. 

I actually ended up around 8-10th place out of 12 players and managed to take home Best Painted Army! I was surprised and really happy because I've put in a ton of effort, so thanks to the people that voted for me.


I had a great time overall. 99% of the interactions I had were very laid back and fun, which was definitely better than average! People really seemed to be there to learn AoS2.0 and just have a good time.

It'd be great next time if we can play on 6x4 tables so we have more room even if it is just so two partners don't have to squeeze around one small side. The store was clean and well-lit, lots of stock, and Ian was very friendly and helped me out with some good stuff. I will be going back!

3 comments:

  1. "BOLA PELANGI 2 - BANDAR MIX PARLAY TERBESAR DI INDONESIA HANYA DENGAN 1 USER ID SUDAH BISA BERMAIN SEMUA GAME.
    Join US ! klik link di bawah ini ?
    Klub Pelangi
    Bola Online
    Mix Parlay
    BO Terpercaya Di Indonesia
    Bandar Bola

    Hubungi WA kami : KLIK DISINI"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post it is very inspiring and informative chasing waterfalls amy atwater puffer jacket content good work keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the anime screen to the streets embracing my inner Naruto Akatsuki Puffer Jacket Order Now

    ReplyDelete