Thursday, June 15, 2017

Bloodbowl!! League and Hobby Update


I have been the lone FCG representative playing one of GW's all time best games, Bloodbowl! The game received a new box set last year with great new minis and a updated pitch. It's been awhile since I played using BB miniatures instead opting for the online version on my PC. The new box set inspired me to sink my teeth into the hobby side again as well as join a league at my local store. It's been a lot of fun and the rules were easy to pick up again. Hobby and some league highlights below.


Years ago I took a human team, The Ligers, in a BB league all the way through a season, playoffs, and eventually won the championship. I still consider some of my all time favorite minis gaming moments during that playoff run. So when members of that old league contacted me about getting into BB again at a different FLGS, I was all in. I decided to build and play a new Ligers team for the league from the human models in the new set.  During the season I managed to get the whole team painted.

Throwers
Catchers

Blitzers
Ogre

Linemen

Star Player - Griff Oberwald

Templates and Team Tokens

One other thing I did during the season was make copies of the dugout and scoreboard. I cut the copy into two smaller pieces and laminated them.  This allowed more room around the table edges instead of the one big board.



We just finished the season and are about the begin the playoffs. I ended up with a record of  4-3-3. There were a lot of close games and some epic comebacks too. Most of the players in this league ended up with "finesse" type teams instead of "bashy" so there has been a lot of scoring. I'm going into the playoffs as a 3 or 4th seed so we'll see how it goes.  Here's some highlights from pics I took during the season. Most of the players were using old school models with myself and a Skaven player having the new releases.









I found a great army builder that tracked all my stats and upgrades. There are quite a few resources out there for BB but The Little Army Designer has been one of the best I've found.

The Ligers are heading back to the playoffs. Bloodbowl or bust!







No comments:

Post a Comment