Thursday, January 10, 2013

Skornewood Thursday: The Skorne March to War


So I had picked up a rather sizable selection of Skorne models a month or two ago when someone traded in their army at Gamers Sanctuary. I had not really ever been interested in Skorne but the deal was too good to pass up and I felt like I had painted most of my Khador and Legion stuff.



My first caster had to be Rasheth. The fatty dominar himself. He's interesting in that he is fury 8 and has no melee attacks - he's also a large base so you have to know how to hide him! Defense 10 and armor 14 on a caster is bad...


Rasheth's theme list is amazing. He makes titans cheaper, allows you to move forward faster, and gives your agonizers super boosts. Awesome!

Faction: Rasheth - Chain Gang
Points: 50/50
Tiers: 4
Dominar Rasheth (*5pts)
* Basilisk Krea (4pts)
* Basilisk Krea (4pts)
* Bronzeback Titan (9pts)
* Titan Gladiator (7pts)
* Titan Sentry (8pts)
Gatormen Posse (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
Paingiver Beast Handlers (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Venators Slingers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Agonizer (2pts)
Agonizer (2pts)
Paingiver Task Master (2pts)

I managed to paint most of this stuff in December and January. I just have the Sentry and two Gatormen to paint and this 50 point theme list will be finished. I've tried him at 35 points in one game and it was interesting. I won on a close game... he has a lot of tricks but definitely some things to figure out.

I'm participating in Muse on Minis Play it Painted commitment. If you're not familiar, Muse on Minis is a great Warmachine / Hordes podcast and friend of the blog PaintVagrant is encouraging people to play their models painted in 2013.

On to the models I've finished!





The bronzeback titan! This dude can scrap a colossal with Skorne buffs. He's pretty disgusting and he costs 9 points in Rasheth's theme :P




The gladiator is another beatstick beast. He has Rush so he can provide another beast or himself with pathfinder and extra speed. These dudes are only SPD4 so it really helps.






Rasheth rides to war on three baby titans who have been stunted in their growth (agonizers). He is fury 8 with a long spell list so there is a lot to think about. His feat is very interesting - both offensive and defensive -  but only against living models. Very Hordes focused.




The Krea is an amazing beast with a great animus. She provides a +2 DEF and ARM buff to models within 2" of her from ranged. This will help my army get into combat with less harm on the way in. I have two in the list so they can provide the buff to a ton of models.



Gatormen are hard as a rock. Damn they're good. I painted mine blue to go with the snow / ice theme I have going. My Khador and Legion are snow themed bases so I figured my Skorne are on an expedition.



Agonizers are baby titans (like the bronzeback) who have been stunted in their growth. They cry and cry and it makes warjacks and warbeasts go crazy. One cry makes it so beasts within ~8 inches are -2 strength... when stacked with Rasheth's feat, you're going to survive some alpha strikes.



The paingiver task master is there to enhance the gatormen. She can give them tough and makes them get up from knock down.



Beast handlers are simply amazing. They can take fury off, put fury on, grant extra strength to beasts... they're really damn good. Just have to make sure they don't get killed.



The final unit in the list, a 10 man strong slinger unit. These dudes are 10 guys for 6 points which is already amazing. They are range 10 pow 10, but roll an extra damage die against non-living models and corrode. Sweet!

Keep your eyes on the blog for more updates. The next caster I'll be painting and playing will be Xerxis!

No comments:

Post a Comment