Monday, December 17, 2012

Looking Backward: 2012 and Beyond



"With a tear for the dark past, turn we then to the dazzling future, and, veiling our eyes, press forward." - Edward Bellamy



2012 was a year that saw our club and my personal collection grow to an incredible level.  I completely repainted my Marines, added significant portions of my Cygnar and Eldar collections, started a Lizardmen army, and took our club's philosophy of fluff first and painted armies to You Tube.  We increased the size and total donations at Foodhammer, sponsored both Warhammer and Warma/Hordes events at Gamers Sanctuary, and have started to make a name for ourselves in the local gaming community.  

However, I think the camaraderie we see daily in the club has grown just as much, and that might be the most significant thing we saw in 2012.  Those of us with new additions to our respective broods get together to compare notes.  Baby races are still in development.  I think soon we'll be able to tackle hanging out with Mike on game day to watch the Bills.  I swear there are days I can hear his Psychic Scream cover the 40 miles between our houses!  

Charlie in a few years.
2013 promises to be even bigger and better!  The Slow-Grow League planned for the first 10 weeks of the new year will bring several more additions to our collections.  Personally, my Speed Freaks are mostly assembled.  They'll see paint once the calendar turns.  I hope to add another battalion box to my Lizardmen so I can actually field a complete army.  Paint on them will be gradual.  I'd like to start my Legion of Everblight collection, but time and money will likely put that on the back burner, especially if Privateer Press keeps coming out with more plastic kits for Cygnar.  Dreadball and the Iron Kingdoms RPG also loom large in my sights.  New Tau and Eldar codexes seem like the icing on the cake!


The new participation awards from FC40K will be sweet!
The biggest thing I think we have to look forward to is the Team Tournament at Adepticon.  None of us have ever participated in anything this big and are constantly tossing lists at each other.  Foodhammer and a Warma/Hordes version are also on the docket.  There is even talk of trying to set up some kind of GT here in Michigan.  I also would like to branch out the You Tube vids to cover more of our hobby.  Painting and modeling videos are definitely on deck.  In fact, I finished one this morning just for Valace to get him started on his Imperial Fists.  Be sure to check it out!

Needless to say, we are all looking forward to 2013!

4 comments:

  1. YouTube batreps are really well done, I really enjoy your camera work and editing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding job on all of your videos!

    I'm looking forward to working with the FC40k gang heading to Adepticon for the 40k Team Tournament!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not from Michigan, and I have stalked around here for a little while. The batreps from you guys are the best I've found, and I look forward to new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The video bat reps have been very well received :)

    ReplyDelete