Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ork Mek Boss Buzzgob



So I've had this Buzzgob model set sitting around for quite some time. Seeing as it was a very generous gift from an e-bro, I felt I should finally get around to painting it up. I made it part of my April Oath over at Something Awful. I finished it yesterday- pictures after the jump!
This set of models represents the first orky stuff I've painted since my Big Mek Stompa back in June. The detail on this guy intimidated me for awhile, but it wasn't too bad once I just knuckled down and started painting. Since Forgeworld doesn't have any painted pictures of this model, I used as inspiration an excellent paintjob I found on CMON. It really helped to see all the details picked out rather than in bare resin or primer.

I like having some bright spot colors to contrast all the dark, grungy metal and skin.
One of the things I'm trying to do lately is really push my speed, and also to try new techniques. The reflective glass on his bioniks here is an example of said new techniques. I'll admit I copied closely here the Buzzgob I found on CMON. In my defense he only did one lens in that style, whereas I did two. So there, heh. Anyway, I'm pretty stoked with how it came out.

Smoking is bad, mmmk?

 The checkerboard pattern didn't photograph well here, but I'm pointing it out because all those checks are sculpted! FW sculptors are crazy good.

 Again an example of the spot colors I like using.

Buzzgob also comes with a set of grot assistants:

I learned after painting my stompa, to use white to break up all the blue.


In game, they give him +1 Ld and count as Grot Oilers. So, not really all  that useful but fun to paint. I really like how the banner pole came out. I'm even happier with the 'poster' grot. I originally slapped some decals on there, but they looked cheesy and like a cop out. So I painted over all that then decided to add some insightful statistical analysis to my 40k orks. Took about 5 minutes, and totally worth it in my opinion.

And one shot of all of them together:



Thanks for taking the time to look at these. Hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. My new favorite Orks! They look awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "Waaagh!! to dakka" ratio chart.

    Great job, very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you were spotted in your Sunday Best when you published this post. Hope you don't mind me throwing your shout out on my weekly theme top x. Thanks for sharing and for making me love Orks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out! Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete