I sold off my Blood Angels a few months ago because I just wasn't digging the army or my models anymore. The way you see most BA armies was not how I imagined them in the fluff. I was just dissatisfied as a whole with the army and made a decent amount back on eBay.
I was pretty proud to not have a Space Marine army there for a while, but having only Tyranids and Chaos Space Marines makes things tough. My tyranids just aren't that great, no matter how much I love them, and Chaos Space Marines are way overpriced points-wise. Plus, I'm not able to field an imperial army. So I decided to start a loyalist chapter that adheres to the codex.
I had been super interested in some of the Badab War chapters, so I decided to model my marines after a chapter from the IA books. I chose the Mantis Warriors. They sound really cool and I like the colors and the fluff.
I have a few goals with this new army:
- Paint all the models in order to adhere to the codex astartes
- Model them in order to adhere to the codex astartes
- Follow the fluff for the Mantis Warriors chapter
- Build a large enough army to participate in a Badab War campaign
- Paint them quickly and efficiently
- Model the rhinos with something really cool on them. Stripes, the arrow, etc.
I've chosen my painting colors. I'm thinking I'll prime everything using Army Painter to a certain green color if possible (if not, airbrush) and then paint. Yellow is gonna be tough for the marines that don't have removable shoulderpads, so I'll have to see how that works out.