Tuesday, November 29, 2016

The Antares Initiative: Painting Boromite Lavamites

Hi! This is Ozzy.  I wanted to tell you how I made my Boromite Lavamite squad.  *

The models were easy to build because most of them were only one to three parts.  First, I base coated them with a layer of “Rust-Oleum” satin nutmeg paint. I painted them like that to look like Gorons from the “The Legend of Zelda” series.  

Next, I painted the scales on their backs with the Mechanicus Standard Grey paint.  After that I painted the lava in their mouths Troll Slayer Orange to look like lava.  Then I painted the teeth and claws with Flayed One Flesh.  

Next, I painted the Handlers’ guns Abaddon Black. After that I painted the sensors on the Mites and the pants, kneepads, elbow pads, and gun highlights on the Handlers with Iyanden Darksun.  

Then I painted the Electro-Whips and the plasma on their Plasma guns with Sotek Green to get a cool “electrical” effect.   

Next, I added some brown and green on the grenades and pouches. Finally, I washed the models with Agrax Earthshade.  

I like how they came out, but my dad and I still need to find a way to do cool looking cracked ice bases. Jeremy has a good idea we will try. I am going to paint the rest of my army this month. Thanks for reading!

*EDITOR:  Other than the last picture, this entire blog post was written and all photos were taken by Oscar.