Wednesday, November 23, 2016

AdeptiCon 2017 - The Schedule


AdeptiCon registration started Monday, so most of us have registered, but there are still spots to take! I personally registered for five events, which is awesome. More importantly, I was able to spread that over four different rules systems, trying out two new ones I've not played before.

I have to give huge props to AdeptiCon staff in encouraging the diversifying of their con - one that was just a 40k convention a few years ago - and making it welcome for all gamers. Check out the list of every game available:
  • 12 Pounder
  • 7 Wonders
  • AdeptiCon Titanicus
  • Aerodrome 2.0
  • Aeronautica Imperialis
  • Aetherium
  • AGGRO
  • Alien vs. Predator
  • Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator
  • Batman Miniature Game
  • Battlefleet Gothic
  • Battletech: Alpha Strike
  • Battletech: Total Warfare Edition
  • Beyond the Gates of Antares
  • Blood Bowl
  • Bolt Action
  • Call of Cthulhu (RPG)
  • Car Wars 5e
  • Catalyst Casual Game Labs
  • Chain of Command
  • Check Your 6!
  • Confrontation
  • Dark Heresy 2e (RPG)
  • De Bellis Antiquitatis
  • Deadzone
  • Devil's Run
  • Dominion
  • Dreadball
  • Dropfleet Commander
  • Dropzone Commander
  • Dystopian Wars
  • Epic Armageddon
  • Fantasy Battles: The 9th Age
  • Firestorm Armada
  • Firestorm Planetfall
  • Fistful of Lead
  • Flames of War
  • Freeblades
  • Frostgrave
  • Game of 49
  • Guild Ball
  • Hail Caesar
  • Halo: Fleet Battles
  • Halo: Ground Command
  • Horus Heresy
  • Infinity
  • Inquisimunda
  • Iron Kingdoms (Homebrew)
  • Isle de France - Swashbuckler Miniature Rules
  • Jagdpanzer
  • King of New York
  • King of Tokyo
  • Kings of War
  • Konflikt '47
  • Legends of the Old West
  • Luchador!
  • Malifaux 2E
  • Man O'War
  • Marvel Universe Miniature Game
  • Mech Attack
  • Necromunda
  • Nevermore
  • Ninja All-Stars
  • Only War (RPG)
  • Paragon
  • Pike & Shotte
  • Relic Knights
  • RuneWars: The Miniatures Game
  • SAGA
  • Sailpower 2.0
  • Sensha-do (The Way of the Tank)
  • Settlers of Catan
  • Skull King
  • Space Hulk
  • Splendor
  • Star Wars (RPG)
  • Star Wars: Armada
  • Star Wars: Imperial Assault
  • Star Wars: Rebellion
  • Star Wars: X-Wing
  • Starship Troopers
  • Super Dungeon Explore
  • Supershow Card Game
  • The Hobbit Strategy Battle Game
  • Through the Breach (RPG)
  • Ticket to Ride
  • Warhammer 40K
  • Warhammer: Age of Sigmar
  • Warmachine/Hordes
  • Warmaster
  • Warzone Resurrection 2nd Edition
  • Wild West Exodus
My schedule is like this:


It is cool that they lowered the individual price, although I think my overall prices was still the same? I'm not sure. The swag bag was a really neat thing that you looked forward to, I guess this year I don't need to wait in line the night before to get stuff.


Legends of the Old West is an old out of print GW Historical game that I wanted to try. While I'm more interested in stuff that is still in print, I really wanted to get a Wild West game in and this is it! If its really cool I'll pick up a copy on eBay somewhere. 


Dark Age is a game that has been around for a long time, but is new to our club. Will and Pat were really set on trying it out, and I've seen the models pretty much at every con we've been to, but never tried it out. Needless to say, the rules are really clean, easy to play, and alternating activations. It is also a game where you only need 6-10 models - perfect.


I am currently painting some Outcast Salt Flat Nomads, but at AdeptiCon, I'll be playing in the 'participation games' where you use their models. I'm excited for the first game, where you actually are playing as Salt Flat Nomads.


SAGA is an amazing game, and the guys who run it at AdeptiCon put out the maximum effort to make sure everyone has a great time. You get a t-shirt and a mug just for playing - really awesome! Last year Will and I did the team tournament and we're looking forward to it again. I doubt we'll change up our forces much - I used Vikings and he used Pagan Rus. I may paint up one small unit and switch them in - perhaps some levy.


Bolt Action is still my favorite game, and I definitely wouldn't miss the National GT. Taking place on Saturday and Sunday, I am bringing a French list this year. I posted my thoughts about the tournament last year - it was a great time and I encourage everyone to attend.


On Saturday night we'll also be participating in another Dark Age game. This will be tough after a day of Bolt Action but I'm really excited. It's great to get going on a game and use AdeptiCon to boost your enthusiasm for it.

The only other event I have going is on Friday night, after a day full of Saga, we'll be doing our participation game for Sharp Practice - more info is here. We're still in the planning stages, but we're really excited to get that game on the board and show off some sweet painted models!

No comments:

Post a Comment