Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thornwood Thursday - End of the Journeyman League


Tomorrow is the last day for the Journeyman league at Gamer's Sanctuary.  While I fell short of my goal of a fully painted, 35 point Circle army at the end, I did get a good start on my new Hordes army.    I did pick up a lot of new models so I will have plenty to paint for awhile.   I realized that the Journeyman league format encourages speed painting and I am just too slow.    As far as the games played points, I have missed a few Fridays so I am sure I am not in the running for that either.   But the goal of "fun" was achieved and I met a lot of new players in the area.



I did paint up eKaya (Kaya2) this week.   She seems a bit better over her prime version.    Most Circle models have those green/gold armor plates and I am getting a lot of practice painting them.




eKaya comes with a companion warbeast Laris.    Laris seems pretty good but does limit eKaya's warbeast points.  




From my previous post, I was building up to a 35 point eKaya theme force for the last day of the league.   I painted up a unit of Shifting Stones and a Stonekeeper UA.    Most of the studio models for the druids feature dark blue cloaks.   I think the color scheme gives a nice contrast to the army.




I did paint up a Blackclad Wayfarer solo as well.   Surprisingly to me, Circle does not feature many speed buffs.   This solo has a nice buff spell that has helped me a few games getting long range charges off.



That is about it.   I still have the Skinwalker unit, a unit of druids, and a Pureblood Warpwolf to paint up.   I think I am going to run Circle in the upcoming Machinations league.   It will help keep me motivated to get more painting done.   Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Nice! The stones are so ballbusting sometimes, heh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know your Fridays are reserved for other things. ;-)

    Nice job on the minis, too.

    ReplyDelete