Saturday, October 20, 2012

Steampunk Saturday: Trying Out Bethayne


I haven't played much WM/H lately but I intend to fix that very soon. I purchased Bethayne and Belphagor a while back and was looking longingly at Geneguard's Jarl Skuld painted by Paintvagrant. I made a deal with him and he painted Bethayne and Belphagor SUPER SWEETLY.










I really like how these came out. PaintVagrant is pretty well known on the internets and in the Detroit Meta for being a super awesome painter.

You can tell from the shots that Belphagor (the beast) has a magnet (came with the model) and allows you to switch in and out the small arms and the actual Bethayne encased in him. She has a special rule where she can actually meld with him and BE the beast. Pretty awesome and way different from many casters.

So far I've used Vayl who slings spells and buffs beasts, Absylonia who buffs beasts and beats face, and eLylyth who shoots a lot of stuff, protects her troops, and buffs her troops. Bethayne is a bit different in that she buffs her magical troops. She also has the potential to meld with Belphagor and beat face... very different from the casters I've used even with Khador.

I put together a list I think I might use with her. I basically have to take Ravagore every time because I believe he is the best beast / jack in the game for 10 points. I'm also right there with Angelius... and she can buff his defense so again he is the most annoying thing in the world.

Points: 50/50
Bethayne & Belphagor (*3pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Angelius (9pts)
* Ravagore (10pts)
Blackfrost Shard (5pts)
Blighted Nyss Hex Hunters (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Bayal, Hound of Everblight (3pts)
Blighted Nyss Striders (Leader and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
* Blighted Nyss Striders Officer & Musician (3pts)
1 Spell Martyr (1pts)
The Forsaken (2pts)
The Forsaken (2pts)

This is a very infantry heavy list for Legion, so I might take out the Striders. I'm not sure. The Blackfrost Shard is actually a character unit - they do awesome magic stuff (including Kiss of Lyliss) and I am going to use one of their models for my IKRPG character.

Keep your eye on the blog... next week I'm going to try and get a game in with Bethayne and Belphagor to see what they can do!

1 comment:

  1. I really like that Bethayne has a different colour claws from the rest of the scheme. It really makes it obvious when the two minis are merged. When I get round to getting these guys, I'll definitely be using that trick.

    ReplyDelete