Friday, October 7, 2011

1850 Point 40k Tournament - Gamers Sanctuary - October 15th





Gamers Sanctuary is hosting a tournament next weekend (October 15th, noon) and we're planning on attending. You can find the details of the tournament here. Scenarios will be posted soon.

I am planning on taking my new Mantis Warriors army to this event. I started the army because I want to be able to play in our Badab War campaign next year and I thought I should also have an Imperial army. I chose Codex: Space Marines because I wanted to field a well-balanced force. I've made up a list that I'd like to take:

1850 Pts - Codex: Space Marines Roster

HQ: Space Marine Librarian in Terminator Armour (1#, 140 pts)
   1 Space Marine Librarian in Terminator Armour,  Storm Shield

I chose a librarian because psychic defenses are so necessary. He'll drop pod in with sternguard in most missions. That way he is on the field in turn 1, hopefully in a good location to stop psychic powers. He'll have Gate of Infinity and Null Zone.

Troops: Scout Squad (5#, 100 pts)
   4 Scout Squad,  + Camo Cloaks + Missile Launcher
      1 Sergeant, Camo Cloak

Troops: Scout Squad (5#, 100 pts)
   4 Scout Squad,  + Camo Cloaks + Missile Launcher
      1 Sergeant, Camo Cloak

 Pretty simple here. They'll get in cover and try to take down rhinos or troops on foot.

Troops: Tactical Squad (11#, 230 pts)
   9 Tactical Squad, ML and flamer
      1 Sergeant,  + Power Fist
      1 Rhino

Troops: Tactical Squad (11#, 230 pts)
   9 Tactical Squad, ML and flamer

      1 Sergeant,  + Power Fist
      1 Rhino
My firebase. They stay in rhinos as long as possible. Can shoot forward to midfield and hold.

Elite: Dreadnought (1#, 125 pts)
   1 Dreadnought, Twin-Linked Autocannon + Twin-Linked Autocannon
Elite: Dreadnought (1#, 135 pts)
   1 Dreadnought, Twin-Linked Lascannon
The TL autocannon dread is too good at popping razorbacks to pass up in my opinion.

Elite: Sternguard Veteran Squad (8#, 240 pts)
   6 Sternguard Veteran Squad,  + Combi-Flamer x1  + Combi-Meltagun x1  + Combi-Plasmagun x2  + Missile Launcher x1 + Multi-melta x1
      1 Sergeant,      
      1 Drop Pod,
They'll drop in with my librarian. He has gate of infinity in case they need to move fast.

Heavy Support: Predator (1#, 95 pts)
   1 Predator, 95 pts = Hunter-killer Missile 10 + Heavy Bolter (each side)

Heavy Support: Predator (1#, 95 pts)
   1 Predator, 95 pts = Hunter-killer Missile 10 + Heavy Bolter (each side)

Heavy Support: Predator (1#, 95 pts)
   1 Predator, 95 pts = Hunter-killer Missile 10 + Heavy Bolter (each side)
Long range support. These dudes will hopefully draw some fire on turn 1. I can remove the HK missiles if I think I need some more points.

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron (1#, 100 pts)
   1 Land Speeder Squadron + Multi-melta x1 + Typhoon Missile Launcher 

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron (1#, 100 pts)
   1 Land Speeder Squadron + Multi-melta x1 + Typhoon Missile Launcher

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Storm (1#, 65 pts)
   1 Land Speeder Storm + Multi-melta
Fast pressure in turn 1 that will be applied along with my drop pod. Hopefully they can do something.

I tried a list with about 50% of this in it against Brian the other night with his Blood Wolves. He brought razorspam, 11 tanks on the board. It was tougher and I don't think Codex Space Marines can stand up in an all out razorspam fight (since BA are all fast) and I'll be fighting mostly Grey Knights, BA, and SW at the tourney most likely. The balanced force I have planned should hopefully do a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment