Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Be! Aggressive! Be Be Aggressive!

We played a few games of Warmachine last night. My first game was 35 points against Josh and Allister Caine. My list was as follows:
Koldun Kommander Aleksandra Zerkova 6
Decimator 9
Spriggan 10
War dog 1
Battle Mechaniks (Leader and 3 Grunts) 2
Doom Reavers (Leader and 5 Grunts) 6
Greylord Ternion (Leader and 2 Grunts) 4
Kayazy Assassins (Leader and 5 Grunts) 5
Kayazy Assassin Underboss 2
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist 2
Idea was use Zerkova's high focus value to give Decimator a good chance at hitting stuff. Spriggan would light up stealth stuff and AOE and hopefully get in a good melee charge. Doom reavers provide early disruption with the ternion hopefully making things hittable.

Josh used Caine + two hunters + stormclad + some knight dudes + some solos. I thought I was doing really well at the beginning; he moved Caine up and left him wide open. I was aggressive and moved Zerkova up with her two 'jacks with Watcher up. The ternion took a few ice cage shots at Caine and I learned he had 17! defense. Decimator missed some shots at him while he was in the open.


Caine then moved up, outside of Watcher radius, and used Gate Crasher to move right next to Zerkova and it was over. :( I thought I might get a hit from Watcher but we looked it up and placement means you don't make an advance. I definitely learned from this one! Be aggressive, but be careful about placement!


Next up I fought Adam. He brought Ravyn with a lot of dudes with bows and mage hunters. It was a close match - he nuked my Kayazy and Doom Reavers pretty quick, but once I got close my high ARM 'jacks were tough for him to take down. Decimator got off a great 13 dmg shot to his caster and then ended it in the last turn. Victory for Zerkova!

Watcher was super important during this game - Adam was hesitant to move his 'jack up until later (and he got a good hit in on Zerkova when he did... and she almost died the next turn from fire). When he did move up to her, Decimator moved up and did 18 damage to his 'jack with the ripsaw. 

Man of the match: Decimator!









1 comment:

  1. Good game, I learn more each time.

    I like how your label has a "cygnar cheats so bad" function. I would argue Cryx has more cheats that I've seen so far.

    ReplyDelete